From a military standpoint Sarin is an effective weapon for the following reasons:
- Dispersal - aerosol is considered to be the most efficient method of dispersal for a large scale chemical attack. Colourless and odourless, the nerve gas, Sarin is ideal for aerosolized dispertion. Pressurized spray tanks fitted to fixed wing aircraft is an inexpensive way of delivering the killing agent to the enemy.
- Projections of fatalities vary according to the weather, but under appropriate meterological conditions, and with an aerosol generator delivering 1-10 micron particle-size droplets, a single aircraft could disperse 100kg of the nerve gas over a 300km squared area - with dissemination efficiencies of 90% and an estimated 3.5 million fatalities.
- Symptoms appear within moments of exposure, followed by a complete loss of muscle control and, ultimately, death.
- The infection of a large percentage of the population would cause massive disruption to the enemy's economic, social and political institutions.
- Sarin breaks down quickly, allowing an invading force to occupy the area without risk.
Read my writings at amazon